Ludum 32 Completed

Sorry I’ve been way too lax about posting.  I spent a lot of time last night on art.  And it’s all real bad but its workable.

I think the game came out well.  Its a struggle to introduce these concepts of switching characters.  Balance is really hard to do.  The amount of variables that are juggling to make the game interesting and fun and hard is hard. 😉

Ludum32 s1 Ludum32 s2 Ludum32 s3 Ludum32 s4

Give it a go.  Definitely better than the last game.



Saturday AM

Was up early but still a slow morning.

All Game mechanics in place.  Context buttons are in place.  This adds to the magma because the guy is working on the machine. Vents activate and will lose magma.  Platformer goes around and turns them off.

So there is official win and losing conditions.

Ludum 32 Sat AM

Next up
ART art art art
Play test make it good and fun

For now though I’ve got some football to play and won’t be back for about 5 hours.  I have to enjoy this wonderful day and I need a break.

End Friday

Its’ been a little slow but its coming along.  I’ve got all 3 characters and a way to switch between them. A countdown timer that is a losing condition.  A wind simulator for the helicopter.

Ludum 32 Friday

Art art art
Vents that leak heat/magma
Heat/magma machine that will actually let you win.  This will be done by key presses.
Once heat has been reached I want to have you platform to the top to get to the heli but we’ll see.

Ludum 32

Let’s do this. do na na…..

I’m really liking the theme this time around.  I’ve decided on doing a lost vikings style roguelike platformer set in a volcano.

So the basic idea is you have your crew and you are trying to blow up this volcano to destroy the town.

The details I’ve worked out are as follows.
3 crew members
1 man in a helicopter.  He must stay at the entrance of the volcano.
1 man is manning a volcano machine near the magma.  He must keep the machine running.
1 man is plugging wholes to make the eruption bigger.

You have to switch between the three and prioritize.

Be back with some screenshots and working code